This is just a catch up on a couple of quick, easy makes that I did finish in December but just didn't get around to blogging.
First up is a #sewgreendecember top. Sew Green December was a sewcialists theme. For more on this and their upcoming themes have a look at their blog.
It is a constantly-work-in-progress self drafted top that started life as a copy of a RTW.
I presume the tripod was less than straight - I'm fairly sure that I hadn't been drinking:)
I used this lovely green eyelet fabric that I bought as a remnant for about $6 for 2 meters.
Not the best pic since it is just an enlarged crop. But you can kind of see the scollaped hem. This made it a very quick make since it didn't even need hemming and only has two seams.
The next make was another tunic length version of V8805. I had previously made this dress but had made a mistake in my forward shoulder adjustment. Since I plan to make at least one more of these when the weather heats up, I wanted to make sure I had it right (it is now spot on). So I whipped up this
The fabric is a Thai Cotton, available in my etsy shop. I bought this for a dress for my sister and had enough left over for this top. My sister's dress is also a V8805 so the top is like this one with the bottom band also with horizontal stripes. Sorry no pics of it.
Both of these are going to be great once the mercury starts rising.
If you are in Australia then I hope the mercury drops soon but in the meantime remember that it is important to keep your fluids up in the heat (and that G & T and beer are fluids).